Monday, December 11, 2006

Hunting the Haggis

Although many people believe that Haggis is actually a meal of meat and vegetable cooked in the stomach offal of a sheep. . .it's actually a wee furry little beastie, (For more information on this, please refer to "The Wee Free Men", "Hat Full of Sky" and "Wintersmith" by Terry Pratchett) and, my excuse for not having posted on here for a while is that I've been hunting the Haggis. . .
Ok, then, you caught me out, I haven't been hunting the Haggis. . .but isn't an interesting lie much more value for money? lol
Last week I was busy trying to recover from a sinus infection so that the surgery could actually happen! and before that I was too busy recovering from having finished my second job (which I really didn't want to leave!!). . .
But I'm back, I'm fighting fit. . .I'm having one day at work before 4 weeks off and, I'm starting to finally get some small butterflies in my tummy. . .not as much as Si and S though. . .I think the problem is is that I look at the short term view and the long term view, Si and S seem to look at the middle term. . .see, short term it's just, getting admitted into hospital and long term, it's an interesting scar to show off with an interesting (and, kinda heartwarming) story behind it. . .middle term, it's pain and boredom and probably a lot of frustration. . .so I don't think about the middle term. . .take it one step at a time and think of the overall good all of this will do. . .I'm giving one of my best friends (who, I must admit is sometimes more like an annoying brother), a second chance at life. A real life. Not the sort of half existence he's currently living. And yes, brothers are annoying, but you'd do anything for family. . .so, the middle term stuff, it just doesn't matter when the outcome is so. . .rewarding.
But yes, I am starting to get a wittle noivus. . .
Must dash, the Taxman doesn't pay me to post blogs and my break just finished :)

3 comments:

Tiggeronlegs said...

Just thought I would say GOOD LUCK once again...realised if you not going to be home...I will send the package to Dad's place for you...

xxx

Rachel B said...

Awesome blog about an amazing gift, thank you for sharing.

Cavegirl Nat said...

GOOD LUCK Amber!