Friday, August 01, 2008

The Big Smoke

First of all, I'd like to say that my wife beat me to this. . .I had this whole plan about telling you all about The Shambles' first castle (it came complete with a moat and four towers and EVERYTHING) but she's already posted about the castle we slept in so it would be a little out of order for me to be talking about our first castle now. . .But, that's not going to stop me from adding a photo of it. . .

See, moat, round turrety-towery things on each corner, a proper little fairy-tale castle. And it was the first castle that Shelley had been to!! And the first one The Shambles visited together. And, it was a whole two days before the castle we slept in!! Oh, AND it had a unicorn and tiny gates (possibly for fairies?)


But ANYWAY, that's not actually why I was writing this post. . .
On Tuesday I took Shelley to London so we could activate our English Bank Account and maybe take in some sights. . .The Bank we had to go to was on Oxford Street, which as you may or may not know, is full of shops. Think multiple shops with three floors of woman's clothing each. . .HUGE stores and apparently, all having sales. For those of you that know Shelley, I think it will be no surprise to you that we didn't see any sights. In fact, we didn't get off Oxford Street.
Shelley has promised me that we can go in another day, so that I can take her to The Globe, possibly next week as Shelley broke me. (My sore throat which had gone away came back and bought friends with it)
We did make it to one "sight", before we got to Oxford Street I managed to get Shelley to Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately however we were there during the changing of the guards and the crowds were HORRENDOUS!! So we didn't actually get to see much of the Palace. Not too disappointed though as both Shelley and I are more interested in the Theatres anyway. So, sometime next week we shall be heading back to "The Big Smoke" and going from The Globe to West End and, hopefully, taking in some shows. Wicked, Chicago, Phantom, Sound of Music. . .we shall take our pick!!

4 comments:

Cavegirl Nat said...

I just wanted to leave a comment, so that you would know that someone is reading your blog. I am. I like the pics. Keep them coming!

Miss kitty said...

OH YAY!! I knew that Shelley's Mummy was reading them and I was just about to send out an e-mail to everyone saying that if it weren't for her, I'd stop posting them because no one seems to comment on them so I feel like no one's reading them...
Nothing new to report at the mo, but we plan to go Cider tasting today, so that should lead to a story or two...

madi_manda said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, sounds exciting. Pleased your adventure is going well. Was there any swimming dragons in the moat?

Janine said...

Neeny is reading them also!
:D